- Fine grade compost ensuring close seed contact for swift, successful seed germination
- Added Vermiculite which improves drainage and aeration
- Unique blend of plant extracts to stimulate strong seed germination and cutting growth
How to Use
First put on a pair of gloves and rework the compost between your hands to reconstitute. Then you’re all set.
- Place compost in a tray or pot and fill to just below the rim
- Tap down the compost with a board or level tool to give a flat even surface
- Water the compost thoroughly and allow to drain. Sow the seeds evenly over the whole surface
- Cover the seeds evenly with a thin layer of compost and water using a watering can with a fine rose
- Ensure the compost is kept moist by covering the seeds with a thin layer of polythene or a sheet of glass until the seeds have germinated
- Keep seeds out of direct sunlight
Gro-Sure Seed & Cutting Compost contains sufficient nutrients for the seedlings to grow until they are ready for pricking out. This usually takes 3-4 weeks.
When the seedlings are large enough to handle, remove them from the seed tray with a dibber or pencil and place into pots or trays of Gro-Sure All Purpose Compost.
- Take the cutting by making a sloping cut, with a sharp knife, in the stem and removing all of the bottom leaves
- To encourage rooting, dip the end of the cutting into a hormone rooting powder
- Fill pot/tray with compost and water well
- Making a hole in the compost with a pencil/dibber, place the cutting into the hole and gently firm the compost around it, ensuring good contact of the compost with the submerged cutting
- Water thoroughly
Do not place cuttings too close together. Place polythene or glass over the pot/tray to reduce moisture loss, ensuring the leaves do not touch. Place in a warm environment, out of direct sunlight until the cuttings have taken.
Keep compost moist, never allow to dry out. Water using a watering can with a fine rose.
- Supplier codeWestland Horticultur
Our current lead time for dispatch is approximately 5 working days from the date your order is placed (excluding weekends and bank holidays). Please note this does not include gift vouchers as these are posted 1st class via Royal Mail.
We have a fantastic team that are working very hard to remain safe whilst dispatching orders as promptly as we can. We appreciate your patience whilst we work through your orders. Thank you.
Please note, minimum order for delivery is £30.
For Gardening, Garden Accessories, Outdoor Heating, Cooking & Accessories, Plants & Indoor Living Products delivery charges for orders of £30 is £4.95 and free over £50 to all postcodes below
- CF14, CF15, CF5
- CF10, CF11, CF23, CF24, CF62, CF63, CF64
- CF3, CF31, CF32, CF33, CF35, CF37, CF38, CF40, CF41, CF42, CF44, CF45, CF47, CF48, CF61, CF71, CF72, CF82, CF83
- NP10, NP13, NP18, NP19, NP23
For Garden Furniture & Weber Barbecues delivery is free and these products can be delivered across all of South Wales and as far as Bristol, Gloucestershire and Hereford.
If your postcode is not accepted at the checkout, please email email@example.com with the product(s) you are interested in and your location.
**If ordering a pre-order product, please make sure to read the product description carefully. Pre-orders will be processed and delivered in line with dates stated in product description.**
How Pugh's Delivery Will Work:
- You will receive an email confirmation once you have placed and successfully paid for your order. Your order will then be handled by our skilled logistics team.
- Once your order is due out for delivery, you will receive a further email to let you know it is on its way! For larger items, a driver may call you to ensure you will be home to accept your order or arrange a suitable safe place to leave it.
- Our Pugh's driver will arrive and offload your products onto the driveway, kerb-side, doorstep or agreed safe place.