***WE ARE OPEN. PLEASE READ IN DETAIL OUR SAFETY MEASURES BEFORE VISITING US***
A visit to Pugh’s has always been a leisurely day out enjoyed by all the family; at present in light of the current pandemic we need to change the way we shop for the time being and be prepared, extremely sensible and safe. The government advice in Wales is still very much about protecting lives and being safe from COVID 19 so before you make a journey please thoroughly read our guidelines below.
Both staff and customers safety is paramount so in order for us to re-open safely we have implemented very stringent social distancing measures in both the Garden Centres at Radyr and Wenvoe and The Food Hall at Pugh's in Radyr. We are opening only for people who have a clear understanding of what they would like to purchase. We are not open for browsing, a day out, or to meet with friends from various households, please respect our guidelines at all time and read our safety guidelines below thoroughly before making your visit to us;
- Opening Times: Monday – Saturday 9am – 5:30pm*, Sunday 10:30am-4:30pm.*Last customers will be allowed into the store at 5pm (Mon-Sat) and 4pm (Sun) to allow enough time for shopping and purchasing. Due to the outside queuing system, please do not arrive after 5pm (Mon-Sat) and 4pm (Sun) as you may not get a chance to visit because of the people waiting ahead of you.
- COFFEE SHOPS AND RESTAURANTS CLOSED
- TOILETS WILL BE CLOSED however accessible toilet will be available upon request.
- We ask you to please consider ONE PERSON per household. (A maximum of 2 people per household, under 16’s are allowed but must be accompanied by one adult at all times.)
- There will be LIMITED numbers in the garden centre at any one time and this will be monitored by individually sanitised trolleys, which we ask politely you return to the entrance once finished for re-sanitising for the next customer.
- There will be no trolleys or baskets available inside the shop.
- Try to follow the one way system
- We ask customers to please limit their visit to a maximum of 30 minutes
- There will be a hand sanitising station at the main entrance, we encourage all customers to use this before entering the centre and please be aware not to touch goods unless you wish to purchase
- Card Payments only at present, contactless limit £45. We ask all customers when using chip and pin to use the sanitiser provided at till point.
- NO dogs currently permitted, except assistance dogs
- We do not encourage browsing at present, please ensure you have a shopping list of products planned prior to visiting the garden centre
- The plant information office will be closed; however, staff will still be on hand for advice within a 2M perimeter; this does not include being able to carry goods to your car at present.
- Please park sensibly and a safe distance from other members of the public
- Till points will be screened off with Perspex sneeze screens and we ask that trolleys are pushed forward and products are loaded onto the tables provided
- All staff will be wearing PPE and we politely ask customers to always keep your 2M distance
- All shared surfaces will be sanitised regularly but please be conscious about what you are picking up and putting down within the garden centres
- Please remember you DO NOT have to make a trip out, you can order a range of goods online here: www.pughsgardencentre.co.uk/products that we are adding to daily.
- Please note the following concessions are open: Maidenhead Aquatics, Bridges Vets (For Emergency Only), Pets Corner, Dragon Reptiles and ProCook. ALL OTHER CONCESSIONS REMAIN CLOSED, PLEASE DO NOT MAKE A TRIP TO VISIT THESE CONCESSIONS.
- And finally PLEASE RESPECT our team at all times. This is an anxious time and everyone needs to respect the rules and keep their families safe, including us. If people are not adhering to our social distancing measures then they will be asked politely to leave.
Thank you, from all at Pugh’s