Being one of the best air-filtering plants available, and low-maintenance too, Ficus Elastica is a great plant to add lush, tropical foliage to your interior spaces!
The rubber plant gets its name from the handsome, glossy leaves that have a thick, rubber-like look. It not only looks great but is also good at purifying the air in your home!
- Size: 50cm tall and in a 17cm nursery pot
- Light conditions: indirect, bright light (for example not on a windowsill that gets direct sun at any point in the day)
- Neediness: relatively easy to care for and forgiving of non-intentional neglect, however it's large waxy leaves need occasional dusting with a damp cloth and avoid overwatering. Rotate regularly to ensure even growth
- Watering: Water weekly throughout the warmer months but only if the soil is dry to touch - get it wrong and this plant will let you know by dropping its leaves. Water less frequently during the cooler months. Do not allow soil to become soggy as this could damage the roots.
- Ideal location: bedrooms, living rooms, corridors and studies
- Rate of growth: fast growing, in the right conditions. You can expect a height of around 1 to 1.5m for a well-cared (and not regularly pruned) Ficus Elastica. Constant pruning will help encourage new growth off the sides of the central stem.
- Temperature: keep at normal room temperature, avoid cold draughts and sudden changes in temperature. Do not allow the temperature to drop below 12°C during the winter months.
- Pets: this plant is toxic to cats and dogs, so please keep away from any curious furry friends.
- Width in cm50
Write a review about "Rubber Plant (Ficus Elastica)"
We want to know your opinion! Write a review about the product “Rubber Plant (Ficus Elastica)” and win a National Gardening Gift Voucher of £25 !
PRE-ORDER CHRISTMAS TREES DELIVERY INFO: We can only deliver on the dates available from the calendar on the checkout page. If a date is not available, that is because it is already fully booked or we are not delivering on that day. Once you have selected your chosen delivery date, this cannot be amended so please bear this in mind when ordering. We cannot provide an estimated delivery time for your Christmas Tree however your tree will be delivered between 8am-6pm on your chosen delivery day. Please ensure somebody is available to accept your delivery. If this is not possible then please suggest a safe space where we can leave your tree in the notes section on the checkout page. Delivery charge starts from £5 and will increase depending on location.
Our current lead time for dispatch of all other web products is approximately 10 working days from the date your order is placed (excluding weekends and bank holidays). Please note this does not include gift vouchers as these are posted 1st class via Royal Mail.
We have a fantastic team that are working very hard to remain safe whilst dispatching orders as promptly as we can. We appreciate your patience whilst we work through your orders. Thank you.
Please note, minimum order for delivery is £30.
For Gardening, Garden Accessories, Outdoor Heating, Cooking & Accessories, Plants & Indoor Living Products delivery charges for orders of £30 is £4.95 and free over £50 to all postcodes below
- CF14, CF15, CF5
- CF10, CF11, CF23, CF24, CF62, CF63, CF64
- CF3, CF31, CF32, CF33, CF35, CF37, CF38, CF40, CF41, CF42, CF44, CF45, CF47, CF48, CF61, CF71, CF72, CF82, CF83
- NP10, NP13, NP18, NP19, NP23
For Garden Furniture & Weber Barbecues delivery is free across South Wales.
If your postcode is not accepted at the checkout, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the product(s) you are interested in and your location.
Please email email@example.com if your postcode is not accepted at the checkout page and let us know which set you are interested in and your location.
**If ordering a pre-order product, please make sure to read the product description carefully. Pre-orders will be processed and delivered in line with dates stated in product description.**
How Our Contactless Delivery Will Work:
- You will receive an email confirmation that your order is out for delivery
- Our Pugh's driver will arrive with a face mask and fresh gloves on
- When our driver arrives, they will offload your products onto the driveway, kerb-side or doorstep depending on which goods you have ordered and leave the delivery note with your goods.
- Once offloaded, our driver will ring your doorbell or phone you and step back beyond 2 metres while you check the delivery (if you are in).
- Once you have confirmed that all is OK our driver will leave. Please note: if you do not answer after 1 minute, a photo of your goods will be taken as proof of delivery and our driver will leave.