Full Time Sous Chef
Full Time | Immediate Start | Salary £21,000-£23,000 per year | Location: Pugh's Garden Village Radyr, Tynant Road, CF15 8LB
Are you a sous chef looking for sociable day-time hours and creative licence with menu development?
Our ideal candidate is a creative professional who is willing to participate in creating delicious seasonal menus and meal designs.
You should have excellent communication skills with an in-depth knowledge of several cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and processes. Your duties will include:
- Create and develop new menu options based on seasonal changes and customer demand.
- Assist with the preparation and planning of meal designs.
- Ensure that kitchen activities operate in a timely manner.
- Resolve customer problems and concerns personally.
- Monitor and record inventory, and if necessary, order new supplies.
- Provide support to junior kitchen employees with various tasks including line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating.
- Recruit and train new kitchen employees to meet restaurant and kitchen standards.
- Create schedules for kitchen employees and evaluate their performance.
- Adhere to and implement sanitation regulations and safety regulations.
- A creative flair with ingredients and passion for food
- An ability to stay calm in high-pressure situations
- Strong leadership skills to motivate your kitchen team
- First rate culinary skills
- Strong knowledge of cooking methods, kitchen equipment, and best practices.
- Teamwork-oriented with outstanding leadership abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Culinary Science or relevant field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Health and safety and food hygiene certificates.
- City & Guilds diplomas in professional cookery.
To apply please send a full and up to date CV plus covering letter to email@example.com