Full Time Hours (including occasional weekend work when required)
Location – Pugh’s Plant Nursery, Caerphilly
With the growth of Pugh’s online channel and ecommerce platform we are looking for an organised Logistics Manager to develop a brand-new role in the business.
The candidate needs to have operations, and logistics experience and be a key organiser and clear communicator, self-motivated and able to motivate others.
- Co-ordinating deliveries of dry goods / furniture from Caerphilly to customers, and either garden centre, as required.
- Process web shop orders, update web shop stock levels, check actual stock levels against online data – communicate with buyers.
- Communicate with customers and relevant staff re delivery schedules
- Implement and development a delivery management system
- Plan and achieve efficient use of the storage space at Caerphilly, to maximise all available space and plan ahead for expected deliveries to ensure space is available at the required time, communicate with relevant staff.
- Organise incoming supplier deliveries for Rogerstone, and store efficiently. Arrange ‘just in time’ top up deliveries to Rogerstone from Caerphilly as required.
- Nursery deliveries – liaise with Pugh’s Nursery manager and plant buyers regarding deliveries and co-ordinate these alongside the dry goods deliveries.
- Ensure that health and safety, vehicle maintenance, Legal compliance are all covered.
- Liaise with delivery staff (and HR) re staff rotas, staff development and training – ensure that Pughs standards, service and reputation are all enhanced by our delivery experience.
- Receive and unload deliveries of goods, checking for damaged or missing items
- Move stock around by hand, using lifting gear or forklift truck. Forklift licence required
- Ensure that all delivery cost targets are achieved
- Organise the deliveries from the garden centres to customers via Pugh’s Delivery team and national couriers
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,000.00 per year