Part Time Goods in Assistants (Wenvoe)
We are looking for Part-Time Goods In Assistant to aid our goods in and logistics managers in the smooth and efficient running of our businesses.
20 hours per week | £9.50 per hour
Goods in Assistant Job Specification
- Ability to work well as a team
- Clear communication skills
- Positive attitude alongside a hardworking and flexible approach
- Respectful approach to all Pugh’s policies including health and safety, and use of staff uniforms.
- To be an active part of new projects and developments.
- Able to work weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis
- Lifting and manual work will be required
- Assume responsibility for receiving incoming deliveries
- Housekeeping and maintenance of the backstage area
- Strong initiative
- Forklift/Pump truck Licence (Willing to train)
- Delivering team targets
- Reliability and self-motivation
To apply please send a full and up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pugh's Staff Wellbeing Benefits
As a permanent employee of Pugh's, after passing your probation period you will be entitled to the following
- 20%-50% Staff Discounts
- Monthly Prize Draws worth £100
- Individual Staff Life Insurance
- Health Assured - Staff Health & Well-Being Support Scheme
- Yearly Personal Development Reviews
- £30 Uniform Allowance
- Yearly Holiday Giveaway
Garden centre department standards and staff requirements
We require all staff in this department to work together, under the logistics manager’s direction and the senior managers / directors leading – Teamwork, clear respectful 2-way communication and a positive attitude are all valued requirements of our team members.
We aim to keep on improving our customer service, plant quality and ranges, average transaction values, clarity of merchandising, inspiring displays, uncluttered paths, and overall housekeeping / plant maintenance across the whole department. We are passionate about these retail standards and will continue to improve them with your help for the ongoing strengthening of ‘The Pugh's brand’.
We run a commercial business, in a very competitive market, so all team members are required, and encouraged, to assist us achieve our financial targets in order that we can continue to develop our business plans.
To develop our business we need to develop our people – we encourage you to maximise your potential, and we value your input into our plans. We see staff training and development as essential for all of us.
Because of the seasonal fluctuations of our business we expect all team members to be flexible in their approach and happy to help other departments as required and agreed between relevant managers