Part Time Food Hall Assistant (Maternity Cover) (Radyr)
We are looking for a Part Time Food Hall Assistant to join our team in Pugh's Food Hall in Radyr! This position is a Maternity Cover, Part Time, 24 Hours a Week (Including weekends). Extra hours to be picked up during busy seasons. To apply please send a full CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Handling customer payments at the till
- Replenishing stock
- Providing top customer service to all visitors
- Answering customer queries including locating items and giving advice and information
- Good people skills, able to listen to customers and colleagues and communicate clearly.
- Positive attitude and application
- Ability to deliver retail standards
- Flexible hard-working approach.
- Respectful approach to all Pugh's policies including health and safety, and use of staff uniforms
- Confident use of telephones.
Desired skills (these can be further developed as you work within the team)
- EPOS till experience
- Retail experience
Rate of pay: £9.50 per hour
Food hall department standards and staff requirements
We require all staff in this department to work together, under the logistics manager’s direction and the senior managers / directors leading – Teamwork, clear respectful 2-way communication and a positive attitude are all valued requirements of our team members.
We aim to keep on improving our customer service, plant quality and ranges, average transaction values, clarity of merchandising, inspiring displays, uncluttered paths, and overall housekeeping / plant maintenance across the whole department. We are passionate about these retail standards and will continue to improve them with your help for the ongoing strengthening of ‘The Pugh's brand’.
We run a commercial business, in a very competitive market, so all team members are required, and encouraged, to assist us achieve our financial targets in order that we can continue to develop our business plans.
To develop our business we need to develop our people – we encourage you to maximise your potential, and we value your input into our plans. We see staff training and development as essential for all of us.
Because of the seasonal fluctuations of our business we expect all team members to be flexible in their approach and happy to help other departments as required and agreed between relevant managers