Full Time Plant Area Assistants
Now Hiring: Plant Area Assistants, Full Time. For immediate start.
Plant area department standards and staff requirements
We require all staff in this department to work together, under the Plant Area managers direction and the senior managers / directors leading – Teamwork, clear respectful 2-way communication and a positive attitude are all valued requirements of our team members.
We aim to keep on improving our customer service, plant quality and ranges, average transaction values, clarity of merchandising, inspiring displays, uncluttered paths and overall housekeeping / plant maintenance across the whole department. We are passionate about these retail standards and will continue to improve them with your help for the ongoing strengthening of ‘The Pugh's brand’.
We run a commercial business, in a very competitive market so all team members are required, and encouraged, to assist us achieve our financial targets in order that we can continue to develop our business plans.
To develop our business we need to develop our people – we encourage you to maximise your potential and we value your input into our plans. We see staff training and development as essential for all of us.
Because of the seasonal fluctuations of our business we expect all team members to be flexible in their approach and happy to help other departments as required and agreed between relevant managers.
Plant area assistant job specifications
- Excellent people skills, able to listen to customers and colleagues and communicate clearly.
- Positive attitude and application
- Ability to deliver retail standards / requirements as listed above, flexible hard-working approach.
- Respectful approach to all Pugh's policies including - health and safety, and use of staff uniforms
- An openness to develop new skills and be an active part of new projects and developments
- Able to work some weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis
- Confident use of telephones.
- Lifting and manual work will be required – sometimes in inclement weather
Desired skills (these can be further developed as you work within the team)
- Plant and gardening knowledge,
- Retail experience, merchandising of plants and associated products
- Plant maintenance skills
- Delivering team targets
- Some basic I.T. skills may be required at times.
To apply, please send a full and up to date CV plus covering letter to email@example.com