We Are Open!
Please familiarise yourself with our full range of safety measures below ahead of visiting us
A visit to Pugh’s has always been a leisurely day out enjoyed by all the family; at present in light of the current pandemic we need to change the way we shop for the time being and be prepared, extremely sensible and safe.
Both staff and customers safety is paramount so in order for us to re-open safely we have implemented very stringent social distancing measures in both the Garden Centres at Radyr and Wenvoe and The Food Hall at Pugh's in Radyr. Please see below our current guidelines:
- Opening Times: Monday – Saturday 9am – 5:30pm, Sunday 10:30am-4:30pm.
- We ask where possible for customers to shop alone to minimise risk
- Please be aware and respect that as we re-open we have to ensure, in the interim, that we are not a meeting point for groups of friends
- Face Coverings are mandatory for customers visiting the garden centres, we appreciate that some people will be exempt from wearing face coverings due to health conditions.
- Please come prepared with a shopping list in order for you to shop quickly and efficiently
- Customer toilets are open within the garden centres; however, food hall toilets in Radyr are currently closed to the public. We request only one person in the toilets at a time.
- Our coffee shops and restaurants have to remain closed currently; however, take away hot drinks and snacks/cakes are available from The Walnut Tree in our Food Hall in Radyr 7 days a week.
- We have a TV screen traffic light system at garden centre entrances. Our screens monitor customers who have entered the store and monitors numbers who are leaving at the exits which will show on the screen itself. When the screen is on green you may enter, when it is on red or amber we are at full capacity and it will turn green when someone leaves meaning you can then enter. Customers waiting will still be required to queue 2 meters in our outside queuing system
- Please use a trolley whilst shopping to maintain social distancing, sanitising stations will be available
- Please follow the one way system and arrows when required
- We ask customers to please limit the time of their visit where possible to allow maximum visitors to enjoy their shopping experiences
- There will be a hand sanitising station at the main entrance, we encourage all customers to use this before entering the centre and please be aware not to touch goods unless you wish to purchase
- We are able to take cash payments; however, we ask where possible that cards are used, we have a contactless limit of £45. We ask all customers when using chip and pin to use the sanitiser provided at till point.
- The plant information office will be closed; however, staff will still be on hand for advice within a 2M perimeter
- Please park sensibly and a safe distance from other members of the public
- Till points will be screened off with Perspex sneeze screens and we ask that trolleys are pushed forward and products are loaded onto the tables provided
- All staff will be wearing PPE and we politely ask customers to always keep your 2M distance and please respect our staff
- All shared surfaces will be sanitised regularly but please be conscious about what you are picking up and putting down within the garden centres
Please remember you DO NOT have to make a trip out, you can order a range of goods online here: www.pughsgardencentre.co.uk/products that we are adding to daily.
And finally PLEASE RESPECT our team at all times. This is an anxious time and everyone needs to respect the rules and keep their families safe, including us. If people are not adhering to our social distancing measures then they will be asked politely to leave.
Thank you, from all at Pugh’s.