***WE ARE OPEN. PLEASE READ IN DETAIL OUR SAFETY MEASURES BEFORE VISITING US***
A visit to Pugh’s has always been a leisurely day out enjoyed by all the family; at present in light of the current pandemic we need to change the way we shop for the time being and be prepared, extremely sensible and safe. The government advice in Wales is still very much about protecting lives and being safe from COVID 19 so before you make a journey please thoroughly read our guidelines below.
Both staff and customers safety is paramount so in order for us to re-open safely we have implemented very stringent social distancing measures in both the Garden Centres at Radyr and Wenvoe and The Food Hall at Pugh's in Radyr. Please see below our current guidelines:
- Opening Times: Monday – Saturday 9am – 5:30pm, Sunday 10:30am-4:30pm.
- Customer toilets are open within the garden centre; however, food hall toilets are currently closed to the public. We request only one person in the toilets at a time.
- From Monday 14th September, face coverings must be worn at all times inside the Garden Centres, Food Hall and any shops on site at our garden villages in Radyr and Wenvoe. This is mandatory following a Welsh Government update to the rules however we appreciate that some people will be exempt from wearing face coverings due to health conditions.
- You are welcome to visit the garden centre in groups however with no more than 2 households in one group. Under 16’s are allowed but must be accompanied by one adult at all times.
- There will be LIMITED numbers in the garden centre at any one time and this will be monitored in both centres:
In Radyr, we have a TV screen traffic light system. Our screen monitors customers who have entered the store and monitors numbers who are leaving at the exits which will show on the screen itself. When the screen is on green you may enter, when it is on red or amber we are at full capacity and it will turn green when someone leaves meaning you can then enter. Customers waiting will still be required to queue 2 meters in our outside queuing system
In Wenvoe, we are continuously monitoring numbers and have a queuing system outside for when required. Customers waiting will still be required to queue 2 meters apart in our outside queuing system
- There will be no trolleys or baskets available inside the shop, only at the entrance and we have a self-service trolley sanitising station for you to clean your trolley handles
- Please follow the one way system and arrows when required
- We ask customers to please limit the time of their visit where possible to allow maximum visitors to enjoy their shopping experiences
- There will be a hand sanitising station at the main entrance, we encourage all customers to use this before entering the centre and please be aware not to touch goods unless you wish to purchase
- Card Payments only at present, contactless limit £45. We ask all customers when using chip and pin to use the sanitiser provided at till point.
- The plant information office will be closed; however, staff will still be on hand for advice within a 2M perimeter
- Please park sensibly and a safe distance from other members of the public
- Till points will be screened off with Perspex sneeze screens and we ask that trolleys are pushed forward and products are loaded onto the tables provided
- All staff will be wearing PPE and we politely ask customers to always keep your 2M distance
- All shared surfaces will be sanitised regularly but please be conscious about what you are picking up and putting down within the garden centres
- Please remember you DO NOT have to make a trip out, you can order a range of goods online here: www.pughsgardencentre.co.uk/products that we are adding to daily.
- Our coffee shops and restaurants are open and we are being guided by the HTA and Welsh government guidelines, we are currently running at a 30% capacity and have safety measures in place for our customers to enjoy visiting us.
- Please note that all of our concessions are now open. In Radyr, there is a one-way queuing system in place for Cotton Traders, Bonmarché and Pavers with entry through Cotton Traders and exit through Bonmarché. Each of our concession stores has their own individual policies and we ask that you please respect and adhere to these policies when visiting any of the stores here at the garden village.
- And finally PLEASE RESPECT our team at all times. This is an anxious time and everyone needs to respect the rules and keep their families safe, including us. If people are not adhering to our social distancing measures then they will be asked politely to leave.
Thank you, from all at Pugh’s