Full Time Kitchen Assistant (Wenvoe)
We are looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic and hardworking Kitchen Assistant to join our team in our Award Winning Orange Tree Restaurant located in Wenvoe, voted Catering Excellence for Best Garden Centre Restaurant 2023 - Garden Centre Association Awards
Full time (will include some weekend work) | £10.42 - £10.90 per hour depending on age/experience
The successful candidate will be passionate about food and hospitality whilst also eager to learn.
The role will involve working alongside our senior chefs, assisting them in various tasks, including but not limited to, assistance with food preparation and cleaning of the kitchen.
To apply please send a full and up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Basic understanding of food safety
- Basic understanding of health and hygiene
- Understanding of assigned task standards.
- Ensuring your kitchen is always clean and recycling and waste policies followed.
- To maintain the highest standard of cleanliness and up keep of equipment, ensuring daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedules and cleaning duties are carried out as instructed by senior chefs.
- Producing the menu to our ‘brand standard’ quality (we’ll tell you all about them) and at a good pace.
- You lead by example – being part of a culture of outstanding customer service through great teamwork between FoH & the kitchen teams.
- Creating and maintaining a safe environment for you and your team – we have guidelines to help
- Building a commercial awareness and the experience of working in a commercial environment
- Working with regulations such as health and safety and licensing laws, and making sure that colleagues understand them
- Enthusiasm for food, fresh produce and cleanliness
- Experience in a hospitality food setting
- Excellent communication skills and ability to listen to other team members and management
- Great team player
- Experience of working under pressure including managing a workload at busy times
- Able to work unsupervised during busy times and keen to learn.
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- Health & wellbeing programme
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Store discount
Supplemental pay types:
- Catering: 1 year (required)
- Kitchen experience: 1 year (required)